Site Meter Blog Blog Blog!: Walking On Clouds (Part One)

It's a self-preservation thing, you see.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Walking On Clouds (Part One)

My most challenging class this quarter is probably Muir 40. The style of paper-writing is very demanding, and I spend hours and hours in front of my computer rereading and rewriting my each of my sentences that make up the progressively-longer-and-more-difficult papers.

I was absolutely elated when I found out that I had gotten an A- on the first paper, but the second paper was so much harder to write and so different from the first one that I had no idea what grade to expect after I turned it in. I even completely gutted my main argument of the paper the night before it was due and basically rewrote the entire thing because I was so insecure about what I had written before.

The instructor told our class he would pass out pieces of papers with our paper grades and the aggregated comments of all the different graders at the end of class today, so we all waited anxiously for over an hour to see them.

At the end of class, he pulled out a stack of paper, and much to my surprise, called my name first and handed me the folded sheet on top.

I anxiously unfolded the paper he had handed me and gasped when I saw my grade - I had gotten a SOLID A on the second paper!

Turns out, burning that midnight oil really did pay off in the end!

I literally felt like I was walking on clouds on my way out of the room.

Our final paper is an eight to nine page monstrosity that will be worth 45% of our grades, so hopefully I can finish the quarter off as strongly as I had started it!

No comments: