Site Meter Blog Blog Blog!: Hook Up the Soy Latte IV NOW, PLEASE!

It's a self-preservation thing, you see.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Hook Up the Soy Latte IV NOW, PLEASE!

Karen without her morning coffee = Karen falling asleep in two of the three classes she chose to attend today.

Experiment failed - I need that cup of coffee!

Now I am behind on material about the Russian Revolution and The Federal Clean Water Act of 1972 because I was not conscious to hear the information in class.

***

"____ forwarded me the emails about our IC littles!"

"Oh. Yeah. Renee gave my little away to ___ instead because you did not sign up to replace me on the calendar like I told you to, so you don't have a little anymore."

"Oh. I was supposed to sign up on the calendar? Isn't the waitlist capped at five people?"

"You should still just have signed up."

"Oh."

Silence

"That's okay... At least ____ has a little... How are you doing on fellowships?"

Then we had lunch together at the would-be quaint chain pancake house. A really awkward lunch. Where we did not know what to say to each other.

Then she paid.

Then we went Asian grocery shopping at Ranch 99.

If picking up that little-who-would-probably-have-been-at-least-three-years-older-than-me would have made her happy or things less awkward, I would have done it.

Really, we have nothing in common.

Ughhhhh.

***

All that on top of being un-caffeinated today.

No comments: